Friday 22 May 2009

My two types......

I've decided that there are two types of people—the "fashionaly late" and the "lately fashionable". I also learnt that I can stand either types and would never want to be a part of either.
Firstly, let me explain the categorisation. I've been hearing so many people categorise mankind in "two types" that I thought, "Why shouldn't I do it as well?"....Go-with-the-flow sorts....

Anyways, now to explain my spite for each category in great detail.

I am not sure who I dislike more—the "fashionably late" or the "lately fashionable"...hmmmm...

The "fashionably late" are those who are always late... for everything...at work....at parties....at church....at literally everything.....and that too not once or twice....EVERY SINGLE TIME.....
They are okay with being late....in fact, that's what annoys me the most...the complacency...the acceptance that it is okay to be late.....But what realllllllly gets on my nerves and stays there....is the fact that they come late ALL DRESSED UP!..... I'm sorry but if you belong to this group, I don't like you....not because of 'you' but because you don't respect time and also expect to be appreciated for looking good.....Sorry...but you're not exactly on my fan list....if you know what I mean!

Then there is the "lately fashionable". They are fewer in numbers...and annoy me lesser but I bet my wit that you all know someone like that.... someone who was simple and was doing their own thing....until recently....they made some new friends....or hang out with "cooler" people and their style has suddenly...almost drastically changed! They now wear their jeans low....althought it looks horrible on them....you'd rather not see them crack so much.....They colour their hair in a shade that totally doesn't suit them.....and most importanly, although their outside appearance has changed....inside they are still their old selves.....That's what annoys me....They can so be themselves....have their own style....their own way of doing things....But NO......they're trying so hard to fit in that they'd rather be someone else....Wear clothes like someone else and pretend they are "cool".....I know some of this kind and I want to hold them by their shoulders....shake them up real hard till the "real' falls out......or atleast till their jeans do!

So there we go.....I feel happy that I've been able to make two new people categories today and my job is done....

P.S: You do notice how I'm trying so hard for this blog to be conventional, right? No sarcasm intended but this is what 99% of blogs are made up of....unwanted gyaan from people that looms in cyber space till someone actually agrees and puts it in the Chicken Soup Series or something.....aaaaaaaah.....

4 comments:

Pachora said...

Hey I have met both kinds as well. But i dislike the second category more maybe because at work i surrounded and hounded by the lately fashionables all the time! I call them show pieces. Dikne mein theek-thaak hain par muh khola aur gai bhains paani mein!

Unknown said...

haha...i knw one guy who's totally lately fashionable & super annoying...ever since he met me...he's become like a clone of me...well atleast as far as clothing & music & movies & lingo is concerned...stupid copycat...used to be like a dumbo sindhi b4 he met me...was into blue & other lamo gay boy bands...& hindi music...not the nice kind..but the filmy kind...& now all of a sudden...he's a rocker...is forever in rock band tees or black tees & branded jeans...infact his choice sux sooo much tht the jeans can be really drab with sissy flower patch wrk :P but its cool for him only cuz of the brand...is always seen in converse...& has gelled spikey hair...Thank God...his facial hair growth is bad or he'd hav grown a beard like mine as well...stupid serd...

Becky said...

How lame is it that I am commenting on my own blog...but just thought about this post because I'm in the presence of someone "lately fashionable"....humph...

Becky said...

I agree! !!!