Friday 22 January 2010

Indo-Pak Peace Project...Ahem!

I've never written anything in my blog this early in the morning, so you can imagine how badly I want to let this out.

So, there I was this morning...going about the mundane, getting ready to go to work, while dad was watching the news on TV. Just then, there was a commercial break and I happened to watch this "Aman ki Asha" Indo-Pak Peace Project advertisement. I'm sure you've watched it.

There's this old Pakistani man who, quite honestly, looks like Dumbledore from the Potter series...and he's across the LOC in Pakistan. He, somehow, has a radio with him and is alone on that side of the border.

On the other side i.e. the Indian side of the LOC, there are loads of Indians who are also mostly OLD people. I never knew they only had old people live by the border!!! Anyway, Dumbledore wants Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayengey played on the radio and for some reason there is no phone in the Pak side or he doesn't know the phone number to the radio station or something like that, and so he decides to play Dumd Charades with the Indians.

He enacts the phrase Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayengey and Indians figure it out. They call AIR and tell them to play that song. Needless to say, the RJ stops everything else she is doing and plays the song for Dumbledore. He hears the song over the radio (and believe it or not..the reception was perfect). He dances in a quirky way and all the Indians are happy, hug each other and dance. All are happy and the ad ends with these words on screen: "Aman Ki Asha" - An Indo-Pak Peace Project.

BLAH! That's what it is. How is that ad a "peace project"???? OMG. I wanted crawl up my window and jump off the building. That's what they call a "peace project"??? They're trying to tell me that an AIR RJ playing requests for an old Pakistani is going to bring peace across the border. HOW?? I pray, please tell me...HOW??? Is the old man going to listen to a Karan Johar movie song and then suddenly think, "We don't need all of Kashmir! Let's come to an agreement! Let's compromise! I must pass the word around!"

OMG!!!! And the height of unbelievable-ness (I made this word up just now!), is that after the ad, we were back to listening to the news where a very plain looking news reporter whose face was amply packed with foundation was ranting about the IPL auctions where Pak players were given the silent treatment!

HERE IT COMES NOW - My two pence worth...
I'll tell you what AMAN KI ASHA can do if they really want to start an Indo-Pak Peace Project — They can make a fuss about the IPL auctions that have gone so wrong and make sure the Pak players are given a shot! I know this sounds like humbug, coming from someone who knows zilch about cricket, but it's really what I think. SOMEONE TAKE THE GOOD PAK PLAYERS...whoever they are! Pay for them! Take 'em! They're good, I'm sure.

And then, even when this Ekta Kapoor soap drama that they call the IPL is over, there'll still be some good feelings left across the border. Humph!

Okay, I'm done....going to work now! What a start to a day! :D

1 comment:

polo said...

its just not indo-pak peace i would want for but the entire creed of musallmans to unite with hindus all over the world so as to make india and all the islamic countries the strongest world wide...i would always pray for hindu muslim unity